To be honest, I’m still basking in the euphoria of the current book study on the phenomenal woman titled , “WOMAN EVOLVE by Sarah Jakes Robert.
Over the weekend I started feeling drained and stressed. It was after much thought that I attributed it to working round the clock. It’s been from one meeting to another and having deadlines to meet. I began to notice that my quiet time was rushed as well. It was exhausting. This was what I was feeling till I came across the word ‘SOUL CARE’ while reading the book Woman Evolve on Saturday. I had to pause to apologize to my soul for running it on autopilot. It was as though that there is always something to accomplish with deadline attached to it. I have made a resolution that I will be intentionally looking after my soul. I will have to pause in between work to connect with my soul and to ensure that I am showing up the way God wants me to show up.
Not to be confused with self care which makes us feel good at the moment, soul care makes us connect to parts of us that is responsible for the way we show up daily in this world.
SOUL CARE can be:
- Taking a prayer walk in the early hours of the morning.
- Reading the scriptures in a quiet environment.
- Going on a retreat alone.
- Staying in your car uninterrupted.
- Meditating on God’s word and connecting how it applies to the current season of your life.
- Taking a break in between work to attend to your soul.
- Searching your soul to know if it’s in the state that will bring glory to God.
- Letting go of hurts and feelings that inflicts your soul
- Getting lost in the presence of God.
- Unplugging from social media.
- Taking responsibility of your mental health.
As you make the decision to engage in soul care, like Sarah Jakes Roberts said, “… I pray that you would come to a place of permission. Permission to acknowledge how you feel but not to be governed by your feelings alone”.
“…..The quicker you learn how to harness your power and balance who you are, the sooner you can get to the business of exploring the depths of the strength God has placed in you.”
This week, the category is SOUL CARE.
Don’t forget to take care of your soul!!!