As you embark on this journey…..
I would love you to know that it’s not just about losing weight. It has so much to teach you like self control, discipline and consistency.
The main reason why I embarked on this journey was to lose weight after I had my baby, along the line I found out that I did not only lose weight but there was a mindset shift. I started becoming particular about what goes into my mouth knowing full well that my body is the temple of God… girl, it was not easy.
Its okay to be afraid and not sure of the outcome. Its okay to doubt whether you can sacrifice that soda and try to exercise often…I have been there!
One thing I would love to tell you is that it all starts from the mind… if you can conceive a healthier you, you can be it!
Here are few things to note as you embark on the Journey to become a healthier you….
1. Increasing your metabolism: first thing in the morning on an empty stomach I recommend you have a glass of warm water and a whole squeezed lemon/lime inside. It will help increase your metabolism and burn fat faster.You can also add ginger and honey to the lime water if handy.
Side Note: this is not recommended if you have ulcer.
2. Your daily water intake should not be less than 3 litres …It hydrates your body, Flushes out toxins, Increases metabolism, It helps you eat less and water is also a must to have a nice skin.
If you struggle with drinking enough water, I suggest you start drinking it from bottles instead of glass.
Personally I take my water on a 1.5 litre bottle twice and am done for the day because I also struggle with it.
3. Breakfast is a must at least one hour after you wake up. It’s a way to “on” your metabolism for the day. It also help prevent uncontrollable hunger attacks during the day.
4. Eat fresh fruits and veggies daily at least two serving of your meal. I love apples and I always snack on it daily alongside oranges.
5. Replace fried foods with roasted/grilled/boiled foods. Food still tastes yummy while grilled/roasted.
6. Eat slowly, it digests better and makes you get fuller faster. Most of people that struggle with stubborn excess weight actually eat only once a day.
7. Cut down on sugar. It’s good for nothing. It only gives fat at the wrong parts of our body especially the belly. I don’t take sugar but if I can’t help it, I use honey instead. Refined sugar makes you want to eat more..avoid them!
8. Reduce your carbohydrate intake such as rice, swallow, pasta, noodles, bread, yam, pastries etc. your carbohydrate intake should be as half of what you normally eat , you can fill your plate up with more vegetables and protein. I personally fill up my plates with cabbage, carrot and cucumber.
9. Eating more protein can reduce craving and you need high energy to metabolize protein that is why it helps burn fat. Have them daily( fish, skinless chicken breast, seafood, turkey, beef, eggs etc). girls, protein are food for curves while carbohydrates are food for belly fat. All of them are important but limit your portions.
10. Alcohol slows metabolism and increases appetite as a result of the by product Acetate which is toxic. When you take alcohol, fat burning stops until you burn those calories off.
11. Exercise: To be honest, your food intake is 80% the outcome of your body but regular physical activity is very important for a physical and mental health. Exercise will help you fight stress, tone your body, fight anxiety & depression and make you feel good about yourself almost instantly as it helps release hormones of happiness and calmness.
Girl, your body is about to get snatched as you embark on a journey to a healthier you!