To be honest, I have been enjoying the current bible study discussion on the phenomenal woman community. Yeah, I love the book study discussions but at this point, the bible study discussions are here to stay till the Holy Spirit says otherwise.
I really think that king Nebuchadnezzar is one of the most dramatic king in history. One day he is acknowledging the God of Daniel another day, he is challenging the authority of God like He didn’t experience the power of God’s supremacy. He forgets easily. Infact , I think there is something wrong with him.
Who witnesses three men come out of fire untouched and the very next minute blatantly disobeys the God that preserves those men? It’s a thing of concern.
Let me spill the beans and quit guessing.
The fundamental problem with king Nebuchadnezzar is PRIDE. Fundamental because I think the guy has a lot of issues but let’s focus on this at the moment. Let’s not drag him that far or do we? Unfortunately , I don’t have the strength.
A powerful king became mad for 7 years ,and as a result driven from men to stay with beasts and ate grass like oxen because of PRIDE.
Pride is a system that humbles men.
This is an indication that God doesn’t joke with PRIDE.
Nobody wants to be mad before acknowledging God.
- You don’t want to lose that job before building a relationship with God
- You don’t want to experience delay before spending time with God
- You don’t want to lose all that you have worked hard for your entire life before seeing a need for God.
It is safer to start taking God seriously in your life.
The antidote to pride is your worship and reverence to God.
Unfortunately, that is how most people come to a genuine relationship with God. If it can happen to king Nebuchadnezzar, it can happen to anyone with pride.
“…. To the intent that the living may know that the most High rules in the kingdom of men and gives it to whomsoever He will and sets up over it the basest(lowest) of men”. (Dan 4: 17b)
Do not allow pride to take the most part of you. It is one of the easiest way God uses to humble men..
You kill pride by putting no confidence in the flesh.
Let’s do a PRIDE CHECK….
Get a pen and write down,
- Your personal achievements (g profession, businesses, work, certifications, social media brand, skill etc)
- The things/people you put your confidence in ( g Beauty, husband, children, uncle, family, friends, money, house, cars, revelations, encounters, word level, gifts etc)
- The things you hold onto and cannot easily release (g Designer bags, clothes, bone straight hair, watch, makeup kit etc)
Examine your list and put measures to check them either weekly, monthly, quarterly. That is where pride can set in.
Above all, ask the Holy Spirit to expose and deal with any form of pride in you. He will help you.
Whenever you are tempted to trivialize what PRIDE can do to a man, remember KING NEBUCHADNAZZAR.