I was hanging out with a friend last year and during our discussion, we started stating the things we were grateful for. As I was mentioning mine, she looked at me and said,” Don’t tell me you are surprised at these blessings because you have been sowing the seeds for a longtime.
To be honest, those words took me aback for a couple of minutes because I could not remember what I did to have access to all these things God has blessed me with.
As I went home that day and while pondering on those words said by this beautiful friend of mine, it was as though Holy spirit tried to help me remember the seeds.
I started remembering how:
- I give a great percentage of my money as a student for kingdom projects.
- I liquidate my account to sponsor someone for a Christian conference just in case she meets God there.
- I am always giving out my favorite bible after witnessing Christ to someone to ensure they were saved for real. This was even before I entered the university.
- I sacrifice my study hours (which I don’t joke with) to witness for Christ to a course mate. It was either in the library basement or the school lawn tennis court (I’m getting goose bumps remembering it right now).
- It is all or nothing for me as regards kingdom things.
- I made huge sacrifices that was not convenient for me.
- I constantly give out books praying that Holy spirit will breathe through the pages of the book and make His person known to the individual holding the it.
- I denied myself a lot of things that it seemed as though I didn’t grow up with my age mates.
These are the few things I can articulate into words.
When I was done remembering them, Holy Spirit was like, “Dimma are you kidding me? Don’t tell me that you are surprised. You have sown and I‘m not a man that I should lie.
Inasmuch as you were not expectant, I will multiply those seeds because I am a man of my words but the next time you sow those seeds, I want you to give expecting me to be WHO I AM.
Don’t be surprised at the harvest, Attach expectations to those seeds!
I’m feeling emotional writing this because I know where God brought me from.
I want to let you know that God has not forgotten your seeds. I know you are probably tired, insecure, heartbroken, depressed and barely getting by. I can relate.
Not everyone will see your seed but they will see your harvest.
As a matter of fact, I can’t remember crying a lot like I did last year. Some days I wake up and cannot keep up with the responsibilities. Other days, I question if the sacrifice is even worth it. People see you but they do not know how hard it is to keep showing up. It is okay to feel these emotions.
He sees how:
- You take care of those kids like they are yours.
- You invest so much in people even when there’s nothing in it for you.
- You have been faithful.
- You have been worshipping.
- You have been serving diligently in your place of work.
- Hard you try to maintain your moral standards in that uncompromising environment.
- You choose him time and time again over positions.
- Hard you try to come out of your comfort zone.
- You genuinely want to impact your generation.
- You keep a smiling face amidst series of disappointments.
God is saying today, Dimma (insert your name) attach expectations to those seeds because hunnie I will show up and show out.
I will embarrass you with a huge harvest soon and do not be surprised when it happens because farmers are not surprised by their harvest when they put the seed on the ground.
He is asking the questions below,
Why are you with me and shocked by me doing what I said that I will do?
Why are you with me and shocked that I am who I say I am?
Here am I saying that I’m grateful Lord and I’m not surprised because I have seen you move.
I’ve seen you move
You move the mountains
And I believe
I’ll see You do it again
You made a way
Where there was no way
And I believe
I’ll see you do it gain.
(culled from Do It Again by elevation worship)
Sis, Let Your Expectations Rise!!!