Last month God laid it in my heart for the phenomenal woman online community to study , “Love the way to victory by Kenneth E Hagin”. After studying Good morning Holy spirit Benny Hinn last month, I felt we should probably continue the follow up book titled, “Welcome Holy spirit. That was my plan but God had other plans. So we decided to stick with what God was laying in my heart.
I have already created a picture of what the book would be like. So I was not really expecting what hit me while I started studying the book. I felt attacked and slightly offended. I had to drop the book a couple of times to fully ingest the content.
I started asking God questions like, how do you expect me to show these people love after all they have done to me? How do you expect me to engage them since they were the one that cut me off? Are my not supposed to mind my business now? I love you lord but I don’t think I can give what you are requiring of me. Hope you know I’m still a human being? At least I’m not Kenneth Hagin. He is a man that has delved into realms and mysteries of the kingdom. You know I’m still learning. In fact is this subject that important? Can’t I love these people and cut them off at the same time?
As I was asking these endless questions in my mind, Holy spirit said to me, Dimma Love never fails. It is one thing I’m sure that will never fail. So you can’t be wrong about loving these people selflessly.
As I was still trying to assimilate what I was hearing, he said again, Dimma, there are realms you can’t break in to because you have refused to fully water the love of God that is shed abroad in your heart. Divine Love is not an option, it is a necessity.
I became numb for some minutes and when I picked myself up, I got my diary and started listing the names of those that offended me with steps to take in order to fully express Gods kind of love.
If you are like me that do not like drama and cut people that wrongs you off with the intention to just mind your business with zero interest in their business which may mean turning a blind eye to whatever they are going through, then todays snack is for you! We might as well group hug.
Here’s the thing….
You may be struggling to genuinely love:
- Your dad after all he did to your mum
- Your husband after offending you
- Your ex after the abuse and trauma he made you go through
- Your mum for not being there for you when you needed her
- Your parents for always looking down on you
- Your siblings that always have a way of hurting you
- Your relation that hurt your family real good
- Your friend that was slandering your name and assassinating your character
- Your mother in-law that always have something bad and negative to say about you
- That uncle that abused you while growing up
- That friend that betrayed and deprived you of an opportunity
- Your children for being ungrateful after all you have done for them
I know it’s a long list and It’s hard to even remember the incident let alone bringing yourself to forgive and let the love of God pour into their lives through you.
I know how you feel. Don’t worry, I felt the same way on Saturday that I started regretting reading the book in the first place. Nothing is wrong with the book, I just took offense that it confronted my defenses to start conversations that I was not ready to have.
Struggling to love? Here is what you should do….
- Ask the lord to come into your life and be your lord if you are yet to give your life to Christ. He that loveth not knoweth not God; For God is Love(1 john 4:8). This is the first step because you can’t give what you don’t have.
- Ask the Holy spirit to fill your entire being and also to help you release those that hurt you. Remember, for it to be called Divine Love, you need the help of the Holy spirit.
- Take action to exercise that love. Text, call, visit or get a gift for them. Let them know that you have forgiven them even if they act indifferent about it. Love is revealed by word and action. Remember that You are releasing YOU not THEM.
- Genuinely and sincerely pray for them. You are setting yourself free as you pray for them.
I will be taking action this week to exercise God’s love and reach out to those that hurt me.
This is a good week to join me lets spread the God kind of love.
The book is so apt like i’ve read just a few pages and i already know that there is plenty of things to do. It’s not easy to love because it calls for death to self. You can’t pick offences, you can’t become resentful and you can’t give up. Very selfless and i need God’s help we all need God’s help.
It calls for death self!
Divine Love is not an option, it is a necessity.
To think I continued reading this book just because I was going to lead the discussion nd it eventually turned out a great one. With the help of the HolySpirit, I will practice the God kind of love
He will help you my dear
Thanks for this write-up Dinma. It’s not easy to love those who’s hurt us. I know this very much. I have every reason to believe that someone I know had a hand in my late husband’s death, but the HolySpirit asks me to forgive him. I’m trying my best. God will help us all.
Praying for you sis.
Sending you love and light.
Divine love is not an option, it’s a necessity