With all humility, I have had people tell me that meeting me has made them:
- More focused.
- Take their walk with God seriously.
- Give their life to Christ.
- More disciplined.
- Discover their purpose.
- Draft a vision for their life.
- More composed and articulate.
- Develop a relationship with the Holy Spirit.
- Consistent towards doing all that God has called them to do.
I can remember a guy in my first year that wanted me to be his girlfriend but I knew immediately I saw him that our meeting has nothing to do with me. He needed Jesus desperately but he had no idea. I created an environment for him to give His life to Christ and that he did. 3 years later as we were discussing randomly, I couldn’t help but notice how he has matured in the things pertaining to the kingdom. He is now zealous for God and filled with the Holy Spirit with no room for casual relationships done in the flesh. As I went to my room after our meeting, I broke down in tears. It was simply tears of joy knowing where he was coming from and the extent he has grown over the years. I just thanked God for the privilege to create an environment for him to meet Christ.
I had to remind myself that His growth especially creating an environment for Him to get to know Christ was all because I TOOK UP SPACE.
So every day I wake up with this fresh revelation and consciousness that someone’s breakthrough may be connected to me TAKING UP SPACE.
As Sarah Jakes Robert said in her book WOMAN EVOLVE, “If I’m in this world, then something or someone will become better because I TOOK UP SPACE”.
If for one thing, I know that taking up space can stretchhhh youuuu. Emphasis on the stretch!!! Hunnie, it is hard especially when you in a world that doesn’t have any space to accommodate your uniqueness. It is as though we wake up every day to fight for our spaces irrespective of how the world tries to shove her own space down our throat.
You TAKE UP SPACE when you:
- Speak up for that girl child that is being abused.
- Create a community for teen moms to be vulnerable.
- Create a community for men to drop the toxic masculinity they have recycled over the years.
- Create an environment for people to experience Christ and His unconditional love.
- Pursue career growth as an avenue to revolutionize the industry.
- Pour out all that is on the inside of you without holding back.
- Refuse to be desensitized by the injustice around you.
- Take the responsibility of breaking generational barriers and toxic cycles.
- Empower yourself with the sole aim of empowering every woman that comes in contact with you.
- Take the anointing of God on your life seriously and stop messing around.
- Partner with God to influence your community.
- Say yes to GOOD and no to EVIL.
- Become intentional to being a blessing to everyone that comes your way…
The bottom line is that you TAKE UP SPACE when you are most passionate about seeing the character of God show up on earth through the platform He has assigned to you.
When you take up space, you are giving someone the permission not just to take up space but to create an environment for someone else to take up space. And the cycle continues.
Ok my wigs are about to be off because I know this is a whole word!
Let’s toast to Taking Up space!