How are you doing? It’s been agesssssss.
This month will make it exactly one year I left social media as well as writing to you.
The most frequent question I’m being asked ever since I came back online is, “Where have you been?” I could have asked the same question because sis, one year is a long time.
I have decided to answer that question today.
On a particular day of the month of February 2022 by 11 p.m, I came into my office to pray and as I was talking to the Holy Spirit, He said I should look at my bookshelf.
On a side note, I have plenty of books on my bookshelf and self-care to me is book shopping. I can literally shop 13 books in a day, and I love reading them as well. I think I had recently purchased new set of books within that period.
As I was staring at my books with admiration uncertain as to why the Holy spirit turned my attention to them. The holy spirit asked me, “Dimma can you stay off social media for 6 months or probably for a year?” My immediate response was No! Then came the plethora of questions. How will people know what we are doing in phenomenal woman? How will phenomenal woman gain visibility? How are we going to reach out to women that are assigned to this vision? The YouTube just got started as well as the podcast. I do not think that this is the best time. After giving Him reasons why I think it may not be possible, I was expecting Him to say something back to me. Guess what? He didn’t answer my questions.
Rather, He said something that struck me, “I don’t think you understand the assignment that has been committed to you”. He asked further, “Have you finished all the books on your shelf?” I said NO. He then said to me, “you need capacity to carry out this assignment”. “ You need to build capacity in the secret place”.
Sis, I didn’t argue further… That was all the information I needed to shut down. That night, I deleted my Instagram and Facebook app.
And my God! A lot has happened in a space of one year… That’s a story for another day.
I’m also asking the same question, “Where have you been?
- Have you been chasing God or things that does not have eternal value?
- Have you been working closely with the Holy spirit or gratifying the flesh?
- Have you been portraying Christ or conforming to the inconsistent standards of this world?
- Have you been partnering with the kingdom of God or that of darkness?
- Have you been vocal about your allegiance to Jesus or are you still playing it safe?
- Have you been on fire for Jesus or lukewarm?
- Have you been praying for the salvation of souls, communities and territories or are you nonchalant about it?
- Have you been contributing your own quota to the body of Christ, or do you disregard the body of Christ?
- Have you been working to achieve excellence in your field for the sole purpose of revealing Jesus or are you okay with mediocrity?
Jesus is asking you a question, “Where have you been?”
Have you been close to Him or farther away from Him?
The location of all that you need to navigate 2023 is in His presence.
Announcement: The phenomenal woman activities for the year has officially resumed and you can join our facebook community here to catch up on our activities. All our activities will be taking place by 8pm WAT on Thursdays and Saturdays. Invite your girlfriends! I can’t wait to see what God has in store for us in 2023!!!
Welcome back. It was time well spent I believe.
I’ve been better everyday in my relationship with God.
Hey Sis, I missed you here but I agree to that statement on building capacity.
I have been growing through study of the word, investing time in prayers and as well reading.
I will also from time to time disappear from SM 😁😁
Welcome back again!