“For surely there is an end; and thine expectation shall not be cut off”(Proverbs 23:18).
A month ago while I was about sleeping on a particular night, I became restless about phenomenal woman getting better as an organization. The next day, I had a prompting in my spirit to look for a coach. After surfing through the internet the entire week, I couldn’t believe that they were really expensive.
The lady I wanted as my coach was offering a 60% discount at the moment to pay the sum of N275,000. To be frank with you, I know the value of what I’m about to get but I don’t have such money to pay within a few days and the offer was ending soon. So , I totally forgot about it.
The next I would love as an alternative charges N70,000-80,000 per hour and I need far from 1hr. I need at least 5hrs…hahaha. Then the third option is a man I would also love to use as my coach. I hurriedly looked up his rates hoping that it would be affordable to me. Sis, did I lie to myself? hahaha. Immediately I saw the rates, I started asking my husband dollar rates as I didn’t have time to calculate it at the moment. His coaching rates were as follows; 2hr session($500=N200,000), one month coaching session ($3500=N1.3million) and then 2months coaching session ($15000=N5.7million) approximately.
I was discouraged by his rates, then the next thing I did was to write down his name in my prayer journal so as to find out if the Holyspirit is okay with him coaching me. After praying, I got a go ahead from the Holyspirit. He told me that he is one of his sons representing him in that industry. I was glad that he is saved but there was a problem. How will I get the money? As usual, I stopped thinking about it but I was expectant that I could get the cash to pay him in some months time. Infact hubby and I agreed that it was expensive. I said to myself immediately that I can figure this thing out without a coach. I started asking hubby how he structured his company to get ideas from him and he told me that his company is profit oriented unlike phenomenal woman so he doesn’t think it will work for me. That was my last attempt to doing anything about it.
Last weekend, while I was scrolling through my feed, I saw his post saying that he is offering a discount in one of his coaching sessions. OMG! I was so excited. It wasn’t like it’s that cheap but it is affordable. I ran to my hubby to share the news and he said I should get ready for the coaching sessions. I sent him a Direct message where I briefed him about the organization to confirm he understands what we stand for. He responded that I should go ahead with the payment and hubby paid for it that day.
I did not pay a dime! Isn’t God faithful? This may not be a big deal for you but it is for me. I was already saving for it and I was expectant that he will coach me some day.
Do Not Lower Your Expectations Even Though;
- The price listing of that house you have always admired to buy is ridiculously expensive
- No one around you has portrayed that dream marriage you have always long for
- That your God given vision seems impossible
- In your entire life, You have never handled such amount of money involved in embarking on that dream project
- Your background has never had the history of experiencing what it means to be “wealthy”
- You keep getting negative doctors report
- You still feel those symptoms in your body
- You feel you are getting old for marriage
- You cannot raise the start up money for your business
- You have never seen anyone embark on that journey before
- Multimillion and billion dollars is just a figure you always see on television or newspapers….it doesn’t seem you can ever have access to it one day
If God has laid it in your heart, He will ensure it goes through. Don’t make it difficult for him by lowering your expectations.
Expectation is a force that even heaven cannot deny.
God loves it when you ask big things and is forced to act when you expect the impossible.